O.k., so you’re probably thinking that I can’t count or I fell off the face of the earth for the last 8 days because I just skipped from List # 3 to List # 11 on the “30 Days of Lists“. Well, of course, its none of the above. I’ve just been busy and decided to skip a few of the lists for now.
I’ve pretty much determined that I can’t realistically do any number of consecutive days of quality blog posting or crafts or scrapbooking or whatever because I just have too many other things tugging on my time. In fact, I’m not quite sure how anyone with a full time job (or close to it ) can pull it off.
So, here’s my idea for those who might be listening/reading. I think we should do a blogging or scrapping/art journaling challenge that’s only 1 to 3 times a week. I think that’s much more do-able for the average Joe or Josephine (like me anyway). I think that’s something that I could commit to over several months or even a year. I’ll have to think about starting one of those of my own. Let me know your ideas on what you would enjoy doing.
With that said, here’s the next list I chose, just because it sounded like fun! Some of these are unique to Arizona, but many can be adapted to your local area as well.
Inexpensive Date Ideas:
- Picnic and a movie in your own living room
- Coffee and browsing at a bookstore
- Happy Hour at a local restaurant – food and drinks are usually quite reasonable
- Head out to a local coffee shop and enjoy the free music that’s offered.
- Browsing the local arts, crafts and music festivals. Many are free or very low cost. Here’s a list of Free Events in AZ in March 2011.
- This year my husband will be performing with his friend, Bob at the Tucson Folk Festival, which offers two full days of free music at outdoor venues in Old Town Tucson in the first weekend in May.
- Head out to your local farmer’s market – buy some great food, go home and enjoy the process of cooking and dining together.
- Ride public transportation downtown and take in the sights and sounds of the city.
- Picnic in the park
- A good old fashioned bike ride
- Steaming hot clam chowder and a walk on the beach at sunset.
Single, Double or Triple Dates:
Day trips out of town – you’ll find lots of pics and stories on my blog about our weekend travels with and without other couples.
- In Arizona we love destinations like Sedona, Jerome, Flagstaff, Prescott, etc.
- The whole day can just be about a scenic drive. The adventure is half the fun!
- Look for interesting places to browse the art galleries, small shops, and quaint restaurants.
- We also love getting out into nature and going on a hikes wherever we can find beautiful weather and gorgeous surroundings.
- Places like: Oak Creek Canyon, Apache Trail, Tonto Natural Bridge, or any number of state parks, national parks and monuments in Arizona
- Story time at the Library
- Playground fun!
- Rainy day game tournaments – stay in your PJs and play together all day! (board games, cards, video games, etc)
- Draw, sew or do art projects together
- Volunteer to help at a charity, church or community organization – it builds relationship skills, builds character and provides a lesson in thinking about others before ourselves
Fun For Anyone Dates:
- Movies in the parks – lots of local shopping centers and parks host free outdoor movies when the weather is nice. Take a picnic blanket or folding chair, your favorite beverage and a picnic of great snacks and enjoy the gorgeous evening watching a favorite classic movie. Here’s one going on now at the Biltmore Fashion Park in Phoenix.
- Check out the Library Culture Pass Program – Library card holders can check out free passes through many Phoenix metro area libraries for free admission to selected area attractions like the Phoenix Zoo, AZ Desert Botanical Gardens, and many museums.
- An awesome concert or an exciting basketball game are perfect for a night on the town.
- A day trip to the snow for sledding or making snowmen.